ReadyCap Commercial offers a positive and diverse work culture incorporated with people who are passionate about their careers. We pride ourselves in being viewed as a premier place to work and encourage you to view our Vice President - Loan Officer opportunity.
The Vice President Sales (VPS) will solicit and originate loans for commercial real estate on behalf of the Company. The VPS will use independent analysis, decision making skills and discretion to develop productive intermediary and/or direct relationships to drive loan volume. The VPS is responsible for business development, quality loan submissions, and all aspects of their respective loan pipeline.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Marketing: Consistently generate and maintain a pipeline of transactions that meet risk & return objectives of the Company at a minimum pace of 6 Letters of Intent (LOI) issued per month.
- Sales: Work with CPO, CCO and credit team to evaluate risks and recommend solutions to convert loan requests into LOIs that close a minimum of 2 transactions per month.
- Analysis: Understand real estate and credit fundamentals and define local market sales niches with focus and discipline. Must synthesize all transaction elements (credit, real estate, loan structure, sponsor, local market…etc) into thoughtful and thorough loan submissions.
- Facilitate Diligence/Closing: Demonstrate strong drive in achieving positive internal/external outcomes and demonstrate resilience to overcome challenges and obstacles in the process.
- Customer Service: Represent the Company with honesty and integrity while delivering high levels of customer service in all interactions.
Primary Success Measurements:
- 8 ASRs submitted per month on average.
- 6 LOIs issued per month on average.
- 3 LOIs signed per month on average.
- Loan volume expectations $25MM+ per annum
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum of 6-10 years in commercial lending environment.
- Professional level experience utilizing technical expertise and/or a solid knowledge base and skills set to process significantly important work with minimal training.
- Commercial Lending operations, management experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to analyze real estate transactions including but not limited to credit, property metrics and specifics, local market fundamentals, sponsor background, differing loan structures and pricing options.
- Knowledge of different loan types, loan structures and pricing nuances.
- Proven ability to sell.
- MBA or other advanced degree desirable.
- Experience working at a bank, mortgage bank, or finance company.
- Strong credit skills, broad product knowledge, a book of clients and a demonstrable ability to close significant loan volumes annually
- Ability to market multiple loan products (permanent, agency, bridge).
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and convicted communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Able to prioritize and follow through on loan requests.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently.
- Personal discipline and the ability to manage time and priorities.
- Personally accountable for actions and results
- Proven ability to source and close high volumes of business direct or through a network of intermediaries:
- Strong understanding of real estate risk with ability to apply to local markets/submarkets.
- Disciplined approach to screen out non-target deals early and efficiently.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet software and Microsoft Office software including Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Proficient with Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Loan Management Systems.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
We see lending differently!
ReadyCap offers a full range of benefits, including competitive salary, comprehensive health plans to choose from including dental, vision coverage, company-paid life & disability insurance policies, business casual dress and a great culture!
ReadyCap is an equal opportunity employer (EOE)!