Ready Capital Structured Finance (RCS), headquartered in New York City, is a nationwide CRE bridge and mezzanine lender offering non-recourse financing on transitional, value-add and event-driven commercial and multifamily real estate opportunities. Led by a veteran team of industry professionals, RCS is a division of a subsidiary of Sutherland. Sutherland, a Commercial Mortgage REIT, is a real estate finance company that acquires, originates, manages and finances commercial real estate loans and real estate-related securities.
The Intern position will be located in Los Angeles County, CA. The Intern will support and assist in the screening, structuring, and analysis of commercial real estate transactions. In this role, the Intern will support the Production department in evaluating potential loan opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews and underwrites new commercial real estate loan investment opportunities providing decision support analysis to senior loan officers.
- Analyze financial statements and other credit information; follow up with clients and gather documents (i.e. income, expenses, payroll, etc).
- Draft and prepare underwriting analysis.
- Drafts term sheets, application/commitment letters, and other transaction related documents.
- Understands the due diligence analysis during the loan closing process including review of leases, rent rolls, third party reports, estoppels, and other business related closing matters.
- Assists with other matters that may be required related to the origination process or portfolio management of the existing portfolio.
- Maintains internal tracking reports such as pipeline report.
- Continues to develop in knowledge and expertise; attends seminars and continuing education classes; completes professionally-recognized designations; participates in professional and industry organizations.
- Works on special projects related to the real estate markets and analysis.
- Financial analysis including assessment of property operating statements for a variety of property types and personal financial statements of individual sponsors.
- Understanding of commercial real estate property valuation techniques including discounted cash flow analysis.
- Market research tools for commercial real estate including multifamily, industrial, retail and office property.
- Computer proficiency skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook. Advanced skills preferred in Excel with the ability to build complex financial models.
Education and/or Experience:
- Graduation from a college or university with major course work in a discipline related to the work of the position - Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics or Real Estate.
- Minimum requirements of a practical knowledge of real estate finance from prior work experiences.
ReadyCap Commercial is a non-bank, direct portfolio lender offering financing for small balance commercial investment, conventional owner user, SBA 504, multifamily and bridge loan programs nationwide. Available financing ranges from $500,000 to $10 million. With concierge-like personal attention, ReadyCap is set apart by its credit decisions, processing speeds and common-sense, solution-oriented underwriting.
We see lending differently!
ReadyCap offers a full range of benefits, including competitive salary, comprehensive health plans to choose from including dental, vision coverage, company-paid life & disability insurance policies, business casual dress and a great culture!
ReadyCap is an equal opportunity employer (EOE)!